FamilySearch provides the following information on the library:
"The collection includes over 2.4 million rolls of microfilmed genealogical records; 727,000 microfiche; 356,000 books, serials, and other formats; over 4,500 periodicals and 3,725 electronic resources. Records available are from the United States, Canada, the British Isles, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Africa. A majority of the records contain information about persons who lived before 1930. Approximately 200 cameras are currently digitizing records in over 45 countries. Records have been filmed in over 110 countries, territories, and possessions."
To make the most of your research trip, review the following information:
- For tips: https://familysearch.org/locations/library_tips
- For hours and a holiday schedule: https://familysearch.org/locations/library_hours
- For library floor plans: https://familysearch.org/locations/library_floor_plans
- For a class schedule: https://familysearch.org/locations/library_class_schedule
- For information on tours and a group visit: https://familysearch.org/locations/library_group_visits
- For driving direction and a map:https://familysearch.org/locations/library_location
Having the FHL so close to the Institute provides the opportunity to put into practice what you have learned in your course...that is an unbeatable combination!