themed events, and some unique surprises. Over the next two weeks, we will be announcing all the details so you can begin to add special events to your registration beginning on November 9th.
So, that is the first goal: Mark your Calendars for Wednesday, November 9th, to log in to your registration to add special event selections.
All events, door prize contests, etc. will center around the theme "History in the Making." So, your second goal is to begin thinking about ways you might want to "make history" at SLIG 2017. Is there a reunion of old college friends attending together - sounds like a photo op. Or perhaps you will finally solve a 20-yr-old mystery during your evening FHL research.
In our next post, we will explore the theme a bit more as we announce the banquet keynote and related activities. For now, let's take a look at how the week flows.
Overview of SLIG Week
Sunday, 22 January
- 3:00 - 7:30 pm: Registration Open
- 3:30 - 4:00 pm: New Student Orientation
- 4:15 - 5:00 pm: Course 14 begins
- 6:00 - 7:30 pm: Welcome Reception
- 7:00 am: Registration and information booth open
- 8:30 am: Courses 1 through 13 begin
- 7:00 pm: Plenary Session, SLIG introductions
Monday through Friday
- SLIG Central open for networking, bookstore, SLIG Swag, educational information, and more
- Mid-morning refreshment break (included)
- Shuttles to FHL for scheduled labs and after class research Tuesday through Friday
- Banquet ticket changes accepted through Tuesday noon
Wednesday, 25 January
- 5:30 - 8:45 pm: SLIG Night at the Family History Library
Friday, 27 January
- 5:30 pm: Themed Networking Social and no-host bar
- 7:00 pm: 22nd Annual SLIG Banquet (included, RSVP required)
I look forward to making history with you at SLIG 2017. See you there!